Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 30

On the night of day 25, I decided to CO-wash, since it was a Sunday, and I had school the following morning. I let it air dry and it was surprisingly dry and frizzy afterward. Up to this point, I had not had that experience with CO-washing, so I thought that maybe I should start to cut down the frequency of it (I've been doing it between two and three times per week).

It is now Friday, and I haven't CO-washed since. By Wednesday, my hair was starting to look a bit greasy, so on Wednesday night, I rinsed well with a very mild ACV rinse, and the result the following morning was surprisingly not greasy. This is the first time I've been able to get my hair really degreased with vinegar. By last night, my hair was looking greasy again though, so I decided I would try just WO, since I don't have to go anywhere today. I rinsed my hair very thoroughly in the shower last night. I have a removable shower head, so I took that and got it up close to my head and rinsed every part of my scalp. I finished with a good blast of cold water and let it air dry overnight.

I am shocked this morning at how clean my hair looks. I had tried WO before, only to look just as greasy, if not greasier, than before. I believe the key to successful WO must be the amount of water pressure. The only thing I did differently was effectively increasing the pressure of the water against my head, and the result is great. I definitely will not need to wash it today, maybe not even tomorrow. It's that clean.

Right now, I've got it in pin curls, because my waves got a little bit crazy overnight from me sleeping on them when they were still damp. I'll leave them in for a while and then take them out to see if that's helped with the craziness a bit. I have to say, during these 29 days, I can only recall a couple of days where I felt my hair was clean enough to be worn down, but after last night's WO rinse, I feel my hair is definitely clean enough to wear down.

No comments:

Post a Comment