Saturday, October 8, 2011

I realize I disappeared for a while + Freya Frankie review

Over the last couple of months, I have been working on both school and taking better care of myself. My fast, as I intended it, was a springboard into improving my lifestyle. For the majority of my life, I have maintained a healthy diet and exercise regimen, but the past couple of years, I've been so busy with school that I began to neglect my health, and I was beginning to feel it.

So, since ending the fast in late August, I have completely overhauled my eating and exercise habits, restoring them to what they once were, before school took hold of my life. I have been eating predominantly whole foods and exercising five times per week, mixing cardio, strength and yoga. I am happy to say that as a result, I've lowered my body fat by several percentage points, and have had tremendous increases in a variety of fitness markers.

However, we all know that along with losses in body fat come losses in bra size. Prior to reinvigorating my health, I was generally wearing size 30FF, and just starting to make my way into 30G. After losing some fat, I am sitting comfortably in a 30E. I am probably not done losing body fat, as I would prefer to get back down to the "athletic" range where I used to be, so my purchasing and reviewing of bras will be somewhat limited until I reach my final goal.

I did have to break down and get a new bra though, because literally all of the beautiful bras I bought and reviewed earlier this year no longer fit. I opted for the Freya Frankie in the white colorway, because I thought it was fun and loved the mix of different colors.
Appearance (5/5)
I love the flirty and fun multicolor dots against the white fabric. It's pretty, youthful and gives an excellent silhouette, as Freyas often do.

Comfort (5/5)
I have absolutely no complaints about this one. It's very comfortable and feels almost like I'm wearing nothing at all. The fabric is not itchy, and nothing pokes.

Fit (4.5/5)
This bra fits like a dream, however I did dock a half point because the band feels a bit looser than a standard 30 band. I don't think it would be enough for me to size down though. It should be noted that, as is typical of Freyas, the underwires are narrow and will be best suited to women who usually wear narrow underwires. It may not fit correctly on women who usually need wider underwires.

Overall (4.9/5)
Maybe it's just the psychology associated with this bra currently being the only one that fits me, but it's my favorite for the time being. It's extremely comfortable for everyday wear, and it looks great under clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment